Weight loss is not all about exercises or dieting. Your weight is 70 % depends on what you eat and rest of it is on our lifestyle. Change of lifestyle can be proved as an effective solution for weight management. All I want to say that you should include yoga in your daily routine. It makes you more active, energetic and focused. Along with all health other benefits, yoga can also help you to lose weight. yes, it is true. So just check here 7 Best Yoga Asana’ s to Lose Weight at Home
What you get, if you include these yoga asana’ s in your routine?
- Weight Loss
- Gain muscle mass and become stronger
- Maintain and improve your wellness
Why you should prefer yoga over any other workout to lose weight?
If you are looking to chose between exercise and yoga Asana’ s to lose weight. Here are numerous valid reasons which will suddenly make you switch to yoga. So just go through these points and tell me in the comment box.
- Aasana’s in yoga are much more graceful.
- Yoga unifies the body, mind and spirit.
- It relaxes your body and improves flexibility.
- This creates less risk of injury
- It focuses on breathing techniques, relaxation and balance.
- Yoga teaches to distribute your own body strength through poses like arm balances, yoga push-ups, planks, etc
- Corrects body postures and alignment
- Provides a better digestive system
- Strengthens internal organs
- Treats asthma
- Cures diabetes
- Helps to cure heart problems
- Helps skin glow
- Improve concentration
- Keeps the mind calm to overcome anxiety, stress and depression
- Helps in blood circulation and muscle relaxation
- Weight loss in an effective and appropriate way
- Lose Back Fat: Best Diet and Workout Tips
- Morning Habits That Can Help You In Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Challenge App: Get 9 Days Workout and Diet Plan
- Healthy Protein Snacks Ideas Which Can Help You In Weight loss
- Why You Need a Healthy Breakfast To Lose Weight Fast
7 Yoga Asana’ s To Lose Weight
After knowing all these reasons, you should think about which yoga is best for weight loss. So here are 7 best yoga asana’s which can help you in overall body weight loss. Just go through them.
1. Boat Pose Or Nauka Asana
The boat pose asana creates appropriate stretching and compressing at the abdominal region. It is thus good to burn belly fat if practised on a regular basis. It is one of the effective asanas for the flat body. Boat pose is good to reduce fat around the waist.
How to do Boat Pose
- Sit down and spread both the legs straight in front.
- Now raise both the legs upright.
- Hold the thighs with both hands and support the legs.
- Now bring both the legs slowly upwards.
- Raise both the hands straight over the head.
- In this position only your hips will remain on the ground and the whole body will be lifted up.
- Try to make an angle of 45 degree from your body.
- Be in this position for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Now get back to your initial position.
2. Extended Side Angle Pose Or Utthita Parsvakonasana
This pose is one of the best yoga to lose weight. It is very effective for under arms, neck, waist, thighs and hips. This yoga helped in stretching of all the parts of the body. It also helps to stimulate and tones the abdominal muscles
How to do Extended Side Angle Pose
- Stand straight on the floor and keep some distance between both the legs.
- Align your heels with each other.
- Now turn your right foot outward.
- Breathe out and bend the right knee making it parallel to the floor.
- This forms a 90-degree angle.
- Then move your left foot inwards to form a 45-degree angle.
- Slightly move the left leg backwards.
- Now bend down the body towards the right and let the right hand touch the floor.
- At the same time, raise your left arm upward and then slightly stretches it towards the right.
- Hold the pose for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Release and repeat the same on the other side.
3. Crescent Moon Pose Or Anjaney Asana
The Crescent Moon pose is one of the best exercises to lose weight. This pose promotes fat burn from the most difficult regions such as buttocks, side of the tummy and upper and inner thighs. It also helps in toning the arms and strengthening the core.
How to do Crescent Moon pose
- Stand straight with your feet closed to each other.
- Raise your hands over your head and join the palms.
- Now, bend sideways from the hips while exhaling.
- Don’t open your hands and keep the elbows straight.
- Feel the tension build in your abs, buttocks and thighs.
- Stay in the pose for 30 seconds and return to the standing position.
- Repeat the move on the other side.
4. Warrior Pose I Or Veerbhadra Aasana
There are different variants of warrior pose. It is an efficient pose to successfully lose weight fast. This pose aids in toning and strengthening the muscles of the back, abdomen, thigh and core. This yoga also promotes the calorie-burning process. Also, read yoga for core strength
How to do Warrior Pose I
- Stand straight with your feet closed to each other.
- Move your right leg to the side and bend the right knee so that you come to a slight side lunge position.
- Keep your left leg stretched and straight.
- Now, exhale and raise your arms to your sides so that they should be in a straight line with the shoulders.
- Inhale and straighten your right knee to come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
5. Willow Pose Or Vrksa Aasana
The willow pose or tree pose is a useful yoga pose to lose weight from either side of the abdomen. It helps in toning the oblique muscles and works on the core muscles of the abdomen. This pose also helps in burning fat from thighs and arms.
How to do Willow Pose
- Stand straight and keep your feet together.
- Now, raise one leg off the floor by putting all the weight on the other leg.
- Place the foot of the elevated leg on the inner thigh of the other leg.
- Now, raise both the hands over your head and join the palms.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds and return to the initial posture.
- Now repeat the same with the other leg.
6. Forward Bending Pose Or Uttana Aasana
The forward bending pose is the perfect option to lose weight by yoga. This asana tones the leg and abdominal muscles and helps in giving you a flat tummy. It works and stretches the hamstrings and tones the muscles of the abdomen. This yoga also helps in relaxing the strained muscles.
How to do Forward Bending Pose
- Stand with your feet close to each other.
- Raise your arms above your head and inhale.
- Now, bend forward and bring your palms to touch the floor.
- Wait for 30 seconds and come up to the starting position.
7. Bow Pose Dhanur Aasana
The Bow Pose is one of the power-filled yoga to lose weight. It is of a higher difficulty level and usually requires a lot of practice unless you are super flexible. This asana strengthens the abdominal muscles, tones the arms and legs, enhances the flexibility of the back and relieves stress and fatigue.
How to do Bow Pose
- Lie on your stomach.
- Now, bend your knees and bring your feet towards your butt.
- Lift your chest off the ground and hold both the ankles with your hands.
- Your body should form a curve just like a bow.
- Keep breathing at a normal pace look forward and hold the pose for at least 30 seconds.
- Then come back to the initial position.
1. Can I lose weight by doing yoga Asana’ s?
Different poses of yoga help you burn the most calories. This may help prevent weight gain.
2. Which type of yoga is best for weight loss?
Choosing any of the energetic, smooth styles of yoga, such as Ashtanga, Vinyasa or Power Yoga, is the perfect choice.
3. What is the fastest way to lose weight with yoga?
Begin your exercise journey with this yoga such as Boat Pose, Extended Side Angle Pose, Four-Limbed Staff Pose, and Seated Forward Bend, Plank etc. for weight loss which will help burn fat, build muscle tone, and give you more flexibility.
4. Does yoga help lose belly fat?
If you don’t want to do the gym then yoga is always the best option. Yoga does not only help to decrease abdominal fat but also allows your body and mind to feel rejuvenated.
5. Is yoga alone enough exercise?
Yes. Yoga poses stretch your muscles and increase the muscular flexibility. Alone yoga such as power yoga, will make you sweat.
Hope you like this article. If you know about more yoga pose which can help to lose weight then please write me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me. Don’t forget to check my Instagram page @beautifulyoutips for more beauty tips and more.