The market is flourishing with various vitamin C serums. Different brands have different types of serum textures. The work of vitamin C is to provide anti-aging effects and make skin much brighter and fairer. It makes the skin firm and glowing too. Vitamin C serums are quite expensive and are available on market. In today’s remedy, you will get to know the home-based method for preparing vitamin C serum. Read also: INDULEKHA HAIR OIL REVIEW: USES, BENEFITS, AND SIDE-EFFECTS.
8 Homemade Vitamin C serums
1. homemade vitamin c serum with almond oil
Healthy and fair skin can be achieved using vitamin C on the face. It adds instant glow and simply polishes skin. Vitamin C serums help reduce skin redness and even out skin complexion. It helps to fade hyperpigmentation along with fading of under-eye dark circles as well. It helps to boost collagen production and prevents skin sagging. Aloe vera helps to add skin moisture and prevents skin from drying. It balances skin PH and controls skin greasiness. Helps to add softness to the skin. Read also: HOW TO GET GLOWING SKIN NATURALLY.
How to prepare vitamin c serum with almond oil
- For remedy preparation, take one teaspoon of almond oil in a glass container.
- In that add in a pinch of turmeric.
- Then add 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel along with 4 tablets of vitamin C.
- Make sure you crush vitamin C tablets before adding them to the aloe vera mixture.
- Mix well and the serum is ready for application.
How to use:
Since this is a night serum, wash your face before application. Pat dry and then apply the serum in dotted form all over the face. Then massage gently so that serum absorbs into the skin. Leave it for the overnight period and wash it off the next morning. After face wash doesn’t forget to apply sunscreen and use this face serum. Serums are applied daily to repair and regenerate skin. They make skin glossy and help to achieve a brighter and fairer complexion. The skin achieves an added glow after the application of serum.
2. homemade vitamin c serum with rose water
The work of glycerine is to balance skin PH and restores moisture. It improves skin barrier function, thus relieving dry skin. It even speeds up skin wound healing also. Rosewater tones up the skin and makes the skin texture much softer. It prevents skin redness and the appearance of skin bumps also. Read also: VICCO TURMERIC CREAM REVIEW, USES, AND BENEFITS.
How to prepare vitamin c serum with rose water
- Here is another method to prepare homemade vitamin C serum.
- For preparation purposes, you will be needing 20 vitamin C tablets.
- Make sure you crush them before the preparation of serum.
- Also, you will need a dark-colored glass container to prevent oxidation.
- Take one dark color small bottle with a dropper for easy application.
- In the bottle add 20 vitamin C tablets which are in fine powder form add 2 teaspoons of glycerine along with 4 teaspoons of Rosewater.
- Mix everything well until everything is well combined.
- It dissolves easily in a mixture of rose water.
How to use:
It has to be applied daily since it’s a part of the night serum. To apply clean your face with a cleanser and then apply the serum in dotted form. Give a gentle massage so that it distributes evenly on the face. Wash off the following day with a good cleanser. Apply a moisturizer and sunscreen after washing it off. If followed for one month then visible skin differences can be noticed. This serum leaves skin much fairer and brighter. It even helps to remove all kinds of dark patches from the skin along with pimple marks.
3. Home-made Vitamin C serum with aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel supports the production and release of collagen. it even helps in wound healing. It has anti-inflammatory properties and works well for acne-prone skin. Vitamin E moisturises skin. It helps to minimize the appearance of scars on the face and treats fine lines.
How to prepare vitamin C serum
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of distilled water.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of Aloe vera gel until there are no lumps in it.
- Then mix in a tablespoon of vitamin c powder to the mixture.
- Then add in 2 capsules of vitamin E along with 8 to 10 drops of orange essential oil.
- Then mix all ingredients well and transfer them into a sterilized glass container.
4. Homemade vitamin C serum with Tomato
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C. It contains lycopene in it and acts as a natural sunscreen. It helps to fade dark spots and make the skin free of blemishes. Aloe vera gel adds a good consistency and improves skin texture. Read also: 9 HOMEMADE SKIN GLOWING FACE PACKS THAT WORKS MAGICALLY.
How to prepare Vitamin C serum
- Take on tomato and blanch it in hot water.
- Then remove the skin of it and make a puree of it.
- To the puree add 5 tablets of vitamin c in crushed form.
- Also, add a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Mix and store in a colored glass container.
5. Homemade vitamin C with Pineapple
Pineapples are rich in vitamin C and have several skin benefits. Pineapple juice helps to combat aging and boosts collagen production. It inhibits hyperpigmentation and fights damage with free radicals.
How to Prepare Vitamin C serum
- Take one-third cup teaspoons of pineapple juice in a bowl.
- Then add a teaspoon of aloe vera gel to it.
- Then add a teaspoon of vitamin C powder to the juice.
- Mix well and store in a glass container.
- Use it daily on a twice basis.
6. Homemade Vitamin C Serum with Lemon juice
Lemon juice contains vitamin C which helps to reduce skin damage and prevents premature skin aging. It helps in skin lightening and brightens up skin tone. Orange essential oil acts like a natural skin cleanser and boosts collagen production.
How to Prepare Vitamin C serum
- Take the juice of one lemon in a bowl.
- In that add in a teaspoon of flax seeds gel along with half a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Then add in 2 to 3 drops of orange essential oil.
- Mix well and store in a colored glass container.
7. Homemade Vitamin C serum with Orange zest
Orange zest brings back skin moisture. They help in renewing skin cells and help to remove skin tan. They are rich in vitamin C and add a youthful glow to the skin. Flaxseed gel improves skin elasticity and prevents wrinkles on the skin. Read also: GRAM FLOUR FOR SKIN BENEFITS & DIY FACE PACKS.
How to prepare Vitamin C serum
- Take the zest of an orange and allow it to dry.
- Then add in 2 teaspoons of flaxseed gel along with a teaspoon of rose water.
- Mix everything well and store it in a glass container.
- Use it every night and morning for the best skin results.
8. Homemade Vitamin C Serum with Vitamin C powder
Vitamin C powder helps in skin brightening and helps to fade skin pigmentation. It prevents skin sagging and promotes collagen production on the skin. Glycerine adds moisture to the skin.
How to Prepare Vitamin C Serum
- Take a teaspoon of vitamin C powder.
- In that add a teaspoon of glycerine along with one-fourth teaspoon of Lemon essential oil.
- Mix well and store in a glass container.
- Use it twice daily.
Vitamin C serum application
A patch test is always recommended before applying vitamin C serum to any skin type. Check it in the following way
- Select a small area of skin just like the forearm.
- Apply a small amount of product and wait for 24 hours.
- If there are no side effects then you can apply it to the face directly. If there is an appearance of rashes and skin redness then discontinue its use immediately.
Vitamin c serum vs Retinol
|Vitamin c is one of the most powerful antioxidants for skin.||Retinols are derivatives of vitamin A and come in different forms.|
|Vitamin c works to neutralize free radicals in the skin.||The body converts vitamin A into retinoic acid which is used by skin cells that make skin fresh.|
|Skin regeneration is achieved by vitamin C which helps the body repair damaged skin cells.||Retinoic acid speeds up cell turnover so that dead skin cells are shredded and collagen grows in the skin.|
|Vitamin C has skin brightening benefits and promotes even skin tone and also promotes collagen production.||Retinol reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps exfoliate skin cells.|
|Vitamin c also protects against environmental damage and superficially fades skin pigmentation too.||Retinol exfoliates the skin and is good for acne-prone skin as it helps to deal greatly with skin breakouts.|
Vitamin C serum VS Niacinamide
|Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that has immense skin benefits.||Niacinamide is also known as vitamin B3. It is another antioxidant and has many benefits.|
|It reduces skin inflammation and helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots.||It helps to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.|
|It improves skin texture and prevents premature skin aging.||It reduces dark spots and brightens up skin tone.|
|It helps to boost collagen production on the skin which makes it look young and wrinkle-free.||It also boosts collagen production and prevents premature aging signs.|
|Works greatly on acne-prone skin and helps to reduce their marks and fill in acne pores.||Skin inflammation is very much reduced along with facial redness.|
Who should use vitamin C serum
Vitamin C is a powerful skin antioxidant that works to stimulate collagen production in the skin. It helps to fight off fine lines and brightens up skin complexion. It has many benefits for the skin. Skincare experts use it as the best anti-aging ingredient and recommend it to be used on all skin types. It’s great for acne-prone skin as it helps to heal skin texture and fill in pores.
How much vitamin C serum is to be used?
The serum is considered as best if it has a concentration of 5 to 15 % but it should not extend beyond 20% 10 to 15 % concentration of vitamin C is enough to be used once a day. Even low concentration serums can be used twice a day.
How long does vitamin C serum take to work?
Any skin serum shows some time to work. However visible differences can be seen on the skin within a week. Talking about vitamin C serums it usually takes a longer time to show permanent skin results. Regular application is required to show possible skin results. Skin texture can be changed to a good level by the application of four to twelve weeks. Read also: HOME REMEDIES FOR REMOVING SUNTAN NATURALLY.
Vitamin c serum in the morning or night?
To attain sufficient outcomes twice, a day of application is enough to apply. Once in the morning and the second is to be applied at night time. One-time religious application of vitamin c is sufficient to protect the skin for the whole day. At night when vitamin C serum is applied it helps to heal the skin from within which helps to repair damaged skin cells. More than 2 times application is not recommended.
Is vitamin C good for pimples?
Vitamin C works on pimples as it has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce the redness and swelling of pimples. It’s even great for acne pimples as well as results are more pronounced in it. It helps greatly to heal acne wounds and helps to reduce skin pigmentation. This vitamin helps to heal, and protect the skin, and also it produces new skin cells.
Can vitamin C reduce dark spots?
Vitamin C is used in most skin care products as it helps to lighten up dark patches of skin. It helps to lighten the shade of skin by about 2 to 3 times. Visible dark spot reduction can be seen with the use of vitamin C serums. It’s even great for reducing skin pigmentation too.
Is vitamin C serum safe during pregnancy?
Vitamin C skin formulations are safe to be used during pregnancy as it’s a safe ingredients. It’s even combined with many sunscreens and other skin basic creams which are used on daily basis. Vitamin C and sunscreens will help to protect against premature aging and oxidative stress in the environment. Since in pregnancy skin darkening is the most common issue vitamin C serums will help to avoid skin darkening especially on necks and around the mouth. Even skin tone can be achieved.
The serums used in this article are for general purposes. It’s recommended to do a patch test before application of any such serums on the skin or else it could lead to skin allergy.