I think most of us have tasted this healthy and tasty drink. It has so many health benefits like it strengthens bones, it makes your immune system healthy, it is a rich source of Lauric acid hence it is very useful in weight loss. With these health benefits, you can also use this amazing natural milk for our skin too. So let’s know Homemade Coconut Milk Benefits For Skin and Hair. Read also 6 Ways to Use Raw Milk for a Healthy and Flawless Skin.
1. Coconut milk benefits as a cleanser
Yes, you can use coconut milk as a skin cleanser too. Coconut milk has a sufficient amount of vitamin C and it can be a good cleanser for your face too. When you apply it directly on your face it removes dirt, and dust naturally and also controls excess oil production. It is one of my favourite natural face cleansers. You can also use olive oil or yoghurt with coconut milk to enhance its cleansing properties. Read also 5 Homemade Honey Face Masks for Wrinkles and Aging.
2. Coconut milk for Skin brightening
As coconut milk has Vitamin C and Vitamin E. It removes dead skin cells from your skin and makes your skin brighter and smoother. You can also make a natural face pack with coconut milk to get brighter skin. Read also White Tone Soft & Smooth Face Cream Product Review.
Coconut milk mask for brighter skin
- Take 1 tsp of coconut milk
- Add 1 tsp of powdered oats
- Now add ½ tsp of honey
- Mix them well and make a fine paste
- Do some gentle massage in a circular motion
- And leave it on your face for 20 min
- Wash with Luke warm water
3. Coconut milk benefits for acne
Coconut milk has Lauric acid as one of its main ingredients. It becomes an anti-bacterial and antiseptic liquid. Either you drink it or apply it on your face directly, it reduces acne. You can also use coconut milk face mask for acne treatment. Read also 2 Homemade Fruit Massage Cream For a Naturally Glowing Skin.
Coconut milk face mask for acne
- Take 2 tsp of coconut milk in a small bowl
- Now add 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Mix it well
- Apply it on your face with a cotton ball
- Leave it for 15 min
- Now wash with Luke warm water
- Do it alternate days
4. Coconut milk as a moisturizer
Coconut milk has saturated fatty acids so It is a great moisturizer for our skin. It provides hydration for dry skin. As it contains Vitamin C, it promotes the production of collagen hence it maintains the elasticity of our skin too. You can use this DIY moisturizer in winters for dry skin. Read also DIY Homemade Neem Face Packs for all skin type.
Coconut milk and rose water as a moisturizer
- Take 2 tsp of coconut milk
- Add 1 tsp of rose water
- Mix it well and apply it on your face
- Apply daily to get rid of dry skin
5. Coconut milk for sunburn
You all have used coconut oil to treat sunburn. You can also use coconut milk for sunburn. Saturated fatty acids and oil content found in coconut milk, makes it one of the best natural treatment for sunburn. It soothes soreness, itchiness and irritation. You just need to apply fresh coconut milk on the affected area and leave it for 20 min.
6. milk for itchy, dry scalp and hair
As we know that coconut milk has great moisturizing properties hence it can be used to get rid of dry, itchy and flaky scalp. It is a best natural tonic to treat dry, damaged and brittle hair. It boosts your hair follicle health and promotes hair growth. You can use coconut milk as a natural conditioner as well. It locks the moisture to your hair and keeps your hair and scalp well hydrated and nourished. Just apply coconut milk on your hair or scalp and do gentle massage, and it will be enough for all hair related problems. Read also 7 Most Common Hair Care Mistakes You Are Also Making.
How to make coconut milk at home
To get complete coconut milk benefits you should know how to make it. You can buy canned coconut milk in the market but making it at home will be more beneficial to your hair and skin. So let’s know how to make coconut milk at home.
- Take a fresh coconut make sure there is water inside a coconut.
- With the help of a small hammer hit the coconut and it will be in two halves
- Take out the flash of coconut and peel off the woody skin
- Cut it into small pieces
- Now put it inside the blender and add 2 cups of water
- Blend it well until it becomes a fine paste
- Now strain it and collect coconut milk in a container
- Use it and put it in the fridge
Hopes you like this information, if you know more Homemade Coconut Milk Benefits For Skin and Hair please share them with me. For any query or suggestion please write to me in the comment box, you are most welcome.