Oranges are the fruit of the citrus family that can be eaten or consumed worldwide for varied purposes. It is also called sweet orange. There are different variety of sweet orange arise through mutations. Orange trees are widely grown in tropical and subtropical climates for their sweet fruit. The fruit of the orange tree can be eaten fresh, or processed for its juice or fragrant peel which can be further used for different skin, hair and health remedies. Benefits of orange peel for skin are great and it can do wonders on your skin. Just stick to this post till end to know orange juice benefits for health, hair and skin.
Orange juice nutrition facts
A medium size orange approximately has 80 calories along with other nutrition as given below
- Fat – 0 gm
- Potassium – 250 milligram
- Carbohydrates – 19 grams
- Sugar – 14 gm
- Protein – 01 gm
BENEFITS Of ORANGES AND ORANGE JUICE FOR HEALTH
- Oranges are high in Vitamin C thus, helps you not to catch viral infection and cold.
- Oranges and orange juice is the good source of sudden rehydration of the body.
- It develops and promotes healthy immune system.
- Consumption of oranges on regular basis prevents skin damages.
- Oranges keeps blood pressure under control and enhance the production of blood hemoglobin.
- It also helps us in controlling our blood sugar level due to the presence of high content of fibres in it.
- Oranges are anti carcinogenic hence; it lowers the risk of growth of cancerous cells.
- Consuming oranges will enhance the eye vision for longer time.
- Oranges aids to purify kidneys and whole of the urinary tract.
- Because of its fibrous nature oranges give relief from constipation.
- Oranges are beneficial for pregnant women and its developing womb due to its multi qualities.
- It promotes the growth and development of brain in the baby.
- Oranges are the rich source of antioxidants.
- It is fully loaded from micronutrients like vitamin C, foliate, potassium, flavonoids, aromatic molecules, carotene, terpinols, essential oils but also bitter components, terpenes etc.
- Regular consumption of oranges or its juice brings improvement in heart health.
- Oranges decreases the inflammation problem.
- Orange juice helps in decreasing weight loss.
- Eating oranges are also responsible for providing better and improved digestion.
Orange Juice benefits info graphics
ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER RECIPEE
- Take 12 to 15 orange blossoms or orange flowers.
- Boil it in 1 litre of water for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down.
- Strain all the flowers.
- Store it in a glass container in the refrigerator.
- Use it or consume it as per the requirement.
ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER USES
- Orange blossoms can help in reducing depression and anxiety if its infusion is consumed twice a day.
- It is very helpful in healing headaches and menstrual pains.
- Regular use of orange blossoms water results in hydrating the skin and hair naturally.
BENEFITS Of ORANGES FOR SKIN
All the fruits are good for our skin and hair. Of all these different fruits, Oranges are the one which is having extraordinary qualities. It is beneficial from its skin to pulp, from leaves to flowers etc. Oranges are full of ingredients that will help you to enhance your beauty.
- Everyday consumption of orange juice will enrich the skin and hair with natural oils and vitamins.
- Oranges are fully loaded with antioxidants which help our immune system to fight with skin and hair problems.
- Its consumption will heal the tan and sun burnt skin.
- Oranges are the rich source of essential oils so help you by providing a natural sun block to your skin.
- Rubbing the fine powder of orange peel on face and body will help in exfoliating the dead skin.
- Adding 1 tumbler of fresh orange juice in a bathing tub gives a nice lemony, orangey fragrance for whole of the day.
- It also slows down the process of wrinkle formation by providing essential and natural micro nutrients to the skin.
ORANGE JUICE, GLYCERIN AND OATS SCRUB
- 3 tablespoon Fresh orange juice
- 5 tablespoon Oats
- 1 tablespoon Glycerin
HOW TO MAKE
- Grind the oats in a fine powder.
- Mix it well with orange juice and glycerin.
- Turn it into smooth paste.
- Check its consistency (it should not be very thin paste).
- Add more orange juice if required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Wash your face, hands and feet with mild face wash.
- Towel dries your body parts.
- Apply the scrub all over your face, hands and feet.
- Leave it stationary and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Cover your eyes with cotton balls dipped in glycerin.
- Rub the scrub before removing it.
- Rubbing helps in the removal of dirt and dead skin.
- Rinse it with luke warm water.
- This scrub will gives you freedom from dead skin, skin heads and sun tan.
- Apply this scrub twice a week for visibly amazing results.
BENEFITS Of ORANGE JUICE FOR HAIR
- Applying orange juice in hair will give relief from dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Consuming a glass of orange juice everyday and applying orange juice in hair also promotes hair growth.
- It provides essential oil and other micro nutrients to the hair.
- It is a natural conditioner to the hair which makes it softer and shinier after every use.
- Orange juice helps in maintaining the pH balance of hair.
- Usage of orange juice over the hair after every wash leaves it smell amazingly.
ORANGE JUICE AND BANANA HAIR MASK
- 5 tablespoon Fresh orange juice (or as per the hair length)
- 2 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon regular hair conditioner
HOW TO MAKE
- Whisk the banana into a fine paste.
- Mix orange juice, olive oil and any of your hair conditioner in the banana paste.
- Make it a smooth paste.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply the paste all over your hair scalp and length
- Cover it with shower cap.
- Leave it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Rinse it with luke warm water.
- This mask will relieve you from dandruff and leaves your hair super shiny and silky.
Hope you like this amazing article on the orange juice benefits and oranges juice for your skin, hair and health. If you know more and also have more ideas about orange benefits, please share them with me. Also check my YouTube channel Beautiful You also for more beauty tips. Write me in the comment box for any query or suggestion.