Oats are a versatile ingredient that’s mostly chosen for weight loss. It has great nutritional value and they are a good source of protein. They are mostly chosen for vegetarian diet plans as they are good for proteins and fiber. They are the healthiest source of nutrients that are ideal for weight loss. The role of protein is beneficial for muscle mass and to improve the overall well-being of a person. Another great benefit of having high protein oats is that they are weight loss friendly. Protein in oats as per 100 grams is about 17 grams. Proteins not only help in muscle mass but takes time to digest in the stomach. This way they help to fight against hunger pangs and keep us full for long.
Here is the nutritional value of oats per 100 grams which gives you the accurate value for raw form. The protein content which we can yield from 100 grams is nearly about 17 grams.
Nutrition facts of oats per 100 grams
- Calories: 389 calories
- Protein: 17 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 66 grams
- Fiber: 10.6 grams
Nutritional information on macronutrients
- The carbs in oats are of complex type and are regarded as complex carbohydrates. Per serving 4 grams of fiber can be obtained and it has no added sugar in it. Oats are the healthiest breakfast that can be chosen and is far better than processed foods.
- The glycemic index is estimated to be about 57 and the load is near to 11. They fall under the category of moderately low glycemic foods.
- Talking about the fat content, per serving gives about 2.5 grams of fat. The fats which are present in oats are mostly polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Very little saturated fats are present in oats.
- Oats are a good source of proteins. As it’s a plant-based food it contains a complete range of essential amino acids which are required by the body. The protein in oats per 100 grams provides satiety and avoids unnecessary cravings. Thus, it can contribute to daily protein requirements.
- Manganese is present in oats in good quantity. Manganese is an important antioxidant enzyme that helps to facilitate bone health. It also helps in breaking down glucose in the body. Oats are also good sources of iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
Calorie content of oats in different weights
- 100 grams of oats: 389 calories
- 80 grams of oats: 297 calories
- 60 grams of oats: 210 calories
- 50 grams of oats: 182 calories
Health benefits of oats
- They are several benefits of oats as they give great benefits to the body. They help in lowering cholesterol which reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- According to a detailed study, oats help in preventing the risk of diabetes as they are great low glycaemic foods.
- They are rich in fiber and help to keep full for longer periods of time. Beta-glucan, a soluble form of fiber avoids unnecessary hunger pangs and cravings.
- They are rich in proteins and help in promoting weight loss. Proteins are good for muscle growth and keeps full. In 100 grams of oats, protein are plant-based and ideal for vegetarians as well.
- They are not only rich in proteins and fiber but are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants too. All of them are highly beneficial for health.
How more protein can be added to oats
Oats are the perfect base of proteins but in order to make them protein-rich other ingredients can be added to them. Some good protein sources that can be added to oats are protein powders, eggs, chicken, chopped nuts, flax seeds powder, fish, etc. Apart from protein in 100 grams of oats, different protein sources can be mixed up in order to increase the nutritional value of the dish.
Let’s check out various oats recipes that can be incorporated into the diet
1. Recipe of Palak oats with black Channa
Palak also known as spinach is highly nutritious as it’s a great source of fiber. It’s rich in vitamin A and antioxidants and keeps us full for a long. Black Channa is rich in protein and ideal for weight loss. The combination of ingredients is perfect to make a meaningful and yummy recipe.
How to prepare palak oats with black Channa
- Take 2 bundles of spinach and blanch them for a minute in hot water.
- After it gets blanched immediately transfer it to cold water.
- Puree the spinach in the blender and blend it finely.
- Now pressure the soaked black Channa for 10 minutes until it gets soft.
- In a pan add a tablespoon of oil then add grated garlic to the oil.
- Sauté it for a minute and add the puree of spinach.
- Let it cook until the raw smell goes and add spices to it such as turmeric powder, salt, and green chilies.
- Sauté well and then add black Channa to the palak puree.
- Roast if good for 5 minutes and then add oats to the puree for about 30 grams,
- Before adding oats, dry roast them in a pan and allow them to cool.
- After roasting all of them add some water for making oats to cook.
- Add water according to oats and cook till it turns mushy and soft.
- Serve hot.
2. Recipe of green herbs fish with oats
This recipe adds a fresh fragrance to the dish. Coriander and mint leaves are rich in fiber and vitamin A as well. Fish is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. It has no cholesterol in it, thus making it ideal for weight loss and heart healthy too. Overall dish is rich in fiber and protein-rich. The protein in 100 grams of oats keeps full and makes a dish ideal for breakfast.
How to prepare green herbs fish with oats
- Take boneless fish about 50 grams in weight.
- Then take 3 tablespoons of coriander leaves along with 2 tablespoons of mint leaves. Add half green chilly to it and prepare puree out of it. Squeeze down the juice of a half lemon to it.
- Then add this green mixture to the fish and rub it well.
- Allow it to marinate for good about 20 minutes.
- Sauté the marinated fish in olive oil until it gets cooked well.
- In a pan add some oil and add chopped onions to it. Then add tomatoes to it about 50 grams.
- Sauté well and add some fat pinches of spices according to taste.
- Then add in 30 to 40 grams of oats and roast it well. Then add water accordingly and allow oats to cook.
- When oats are half done add cooked fish and allow them to cook completely.
- Serve hot.
3. Fruity oats with protein powder
Strawberries are loaded with fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. They are very low in calories and filling too while losing weight. It’s a great dish which can be eaten in the morning which helps to keep full till lunch.
How to prepare fruity oats with protein powder
- Before the beginning of the recipe take some fresh strawberries and prepare puree out of them.
- In a pan add oats and dry roast them on low flame. When turns slightly brown remove them from flame.
- In a pan add the puree of strawberries according to the oats mixture. Then add some milk to it. All it to cook with milk and then add dry roasted oats to the strawberry and milk mixture.
- Cook well until they are well combined.
- If sweetness is needed, honey can be added to it.
- Finish it off by adding a scoop of protein powder to it.
- Serve hot or cold.
4. Recipe for Cranberries and oats bars
Cranberries are great for heart health apart from helping in weight loss. The combination of ingredients in the bars gives an instant boost to the energy. A bar can be taken during snacks which help to avoid unnecessary food cravings. They are rich in fiber, protein, antioxidants, and other healthy vitamins.
How to prepare cranberries and oats bars
- Take 2 cups of oats and dry roast them on low flame until they turn crisp.
- Take half a cup of almonds which are chopped along with one-third of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Dry roast them until they are crunchy.
- Transfer the roasted nuts mixture to the oats. Mix well and keep aside.
- Then add half a cup of chopped cranberries and apricots to the oats and nuts mixture.
- Take half a cup of fresh dates and add them to the blender. Blend them finely.
- Now add the mixture of dates to the mixture of nuts and oats.
- Mix well with help of hands and add the mixture to the mold.
- Set it with help of any even surface and allow the mixture to refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Then cut the mixture into bar size and transfer it to an airtight container.
- It can be kept refrigerated as well.
5. Recipe of egg soup with oats
Eggs are rich in proteins and add a great satiety value. They have high-quality proteins in them which help to keep us full for a long. This dish is very healthy and nutritious and the protein content is almost doubled being low in calories.
How to prepare Egg soup with oats
- Before preparation of the remedy take 40 grams of oats and dry roast them on low flame.
- Roast till it turns slightly brownish.
- Take another pan, and add a tablespoon of olive oil to it.
- Then add chopped onions and tomatoes to the oil.
- Then add chopped garlic to add a beautiful aroma to the dish.
- Allow it to sauté well along with chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Then add spices of your choice such as salt, pepper, chopped chilies, and coriander leaves.
- Mix a good mix and add water according to oats quantity which could be 1 cup.
- Add little extra water so that egg is also cooked in the slurry.
- Then add oats to the boiling water and allow them to cook.
- When they are cooked enough, break open two eggs in a bowl and keep them ready.
- Now separate egg white and yolk so that it can be added to the water.
- Now with one hand stir the water and add only egg whites to the oats mixture.
- Allow them to cook for 2 to 4 minutes, till the egg white mixture is cooked.
- Switch off the flame and squeeze down the juice of a lemon into it.
- Serve hot.
6. Recipe of sprouts and oats chilla
Sprouts are rich in vitamin C and they contain times more vitamin C. The germination process helps to increase the vitamin C content. This recipe is excellent as it helps to keep full for a long. It’s rich in fiber and protein which is regarded as ideal for weight loss.
How to prepare sprouts and oats chilla
- Take sprouts of about one cup and blend them out in a blender.
- Make a fine paste of sprouts in the blender.
- Now take one cup of oats and slightly dry roast them until they are slightly brown in color.
- Prepare a fine powder of oats and keep it aside.
- While blending sprouts add in green chilies, ginger, and some coriander leaves to add flavor to chillas.
- Now take half a cup of sprout paste and add oats flour to it accordingly.
- Now add some curd to it along with some salt.
- Mix well and add some water to adjust the consistency of chillas.
- Now prepare hot chillas on hot iron castle tawa.
- Serve hot.
The information mentioned here is for general purposes only. It’s not recommended by experts. For more health and fitness-related information check our official Instagram page @beautifulyoufit.
Breakfast is said to be protein-rich when it has good amounts of protein in it. There should be a balance of carbohydrates and proteins in the breakfast. A protein-rich breakfast helps to keep us full for longer. The protein in oats per 100 grams provides satiety and avoids unnecessary cravings. Protein is important for muscle growth and preserves lean mass as well. There are different food options in form of smoothies, salads, soups, dosas, etc.
Different protein sources include chicken breasts, fish, egg whites, dried fish, tuna, turkey, mushrooms, broccoli, lentils, cottage cheese, paneer, Greek yogurt, soybeans, whey proteins, etc. They are pure sources of protein and are ideal to meet the requirement.