Protein is an essential nutrient of a healthy and balanced diet. It keeps you healthy, fit and very beneficial for those who are trying to lose weight. Proteins are comprised of chemical building blocks called amino acids. Our body uses amino acids to build and repair muscles and bones and to make hormones and enzymes. They can also be used as an energy source. So check here 10 Natural Sources of Protein and their Health Benefits.
Why protein is important for us?
- Protein strengthens the muscles and immune system.
- It constitutes almost 18-20% of our body’s weight.
- Protein also keeps heart and lung tissue healthy.
- Protein is necessary for the body to function smoothly.
- The role of protein is also important in maintaining the pH level of the body.
- The biggest benefit of protein is that it helps in making muscles in the body.
- Protein takes more time to digest so the stomach is full for a long time.
- Protein is also known to keep bones, ligaments and other connective tissues healthy.
- Dietary protein improves body functioning.
- Protein is also good for our skin and hair.
- Proteins can heal wounds or injuries immediately.
- Protein also increases the intensity of the brain and makes it quite active.
- Protein gives you quick energy.
- 7 DAYS DIET PLAN TO LOSE WEIGHT FASTER
- JAGGERY BENEFITS: KEEPS YOU HEALTHY AND FIT
- TURMERIC WATER BENEFITS FOR YOUR HEALTH
- WARM WATER BENEFITS: STAY HEALTHY AND FIT
- LEMON AND BAKING SODA FOR HEALTH, SKIN, AND HAIR
Natural Sources of protein
Quantity of protein your body requires you will get from your daily meals which differ according to your weight, gender, age and health. Protein is found in a wide range of food and it’s important that you should get enough protein in your diet every day. Let’s check out these foods which are natural sources of protein.
It is the best and natural source of good protein. Protein found in milk is said “Complete protein” because it has all 9 essential amino acids which our body needs to function properly. There is 2 main protein found in milk are casein and whey protein. Approx 1 cup of milk has 8 grams of protein.
Benefits of drinking milk
- Improved bone health, skin texture, and a stronger immune system.
- It aids in the prevention of severe illnesses such as hypertension.
- Milk also prevents dental decay, dehydration and respiratory problems.
- Consuming milk regularly can reduce obesity, signs of osteoporosis and even some forms of cancer.
2. Lean meat
Lean meats are a good source of protein for those people who are following low calorie and low-fat diets. It has antioxidant properties which help to prevent free radicals from damaging cells. Lean meat also helps to enhance the immune system. It also helps the body to convert carbohydrate into glucose. Lean meat can helps with nerve function and can reduce inflammation.
Sources of lean meat
- Chicken breast
3. Fish One of the Best Natural Sources of Protein
Fish is loaded with protein and other important nutrients. Just 1 ounce of fish has 28 gram of protein. Fish is also a great source protein which is incredibly important for your body and brain. Regular consumption of fish can effectively lower the level of triglycerides found in the blood. It can also control blood pressure, inflammation, muscular degeneration and reducing the risk of heart disease.
It is an easily available source of lean protein. Approx 100 grams of chicken contains 28 grams of protein. It has great health benefits when taken in moderate quantity.
Other benefits of chicken
- Chicken also helps support a healthy body weight and aids weight loss.
- Eating chicken suppresses and controls a body’s homocysteine amino acid levels.
- It can support the health of teeth, bones, kidney, liver, and central nervous system.
- Chicken can regulate metabolic performance.
- Chicken will keep blood vessels healthy and energy levels high.
- Eating chicken can also enhance your mood.
- It is good for healthy eyesight.
- It can reduce your skin problems and repair dry or damaged skin.
- Eating chicken will help you to regenerate loosed bones.
Eggs are the best sources of low carbs, low calories and great sources of good protein. one avg size Egg contains approx 8 grams of protein and 70 calories. It has been proved in researches that eating 2 eggs daily helps you to have a strong cardiovascular system and controlled weight.
Other benefits of Eggs
- The protein found in eggs helps to reproduce and restore body tissues and muscles.
- Eggs are necessary for the brain and the nervous system to function effectively.
- keeps the immune system healthy.
- Eggs may help to prevent congenital disabilities.
- Prevents muscular degeneration.
- Eggs also promote good vision.
- The protein found in eggs takes more time to digest so it keeps the stomach full for longer period.
- Eggs help in making skin healthy and also stop the damage of body tissues.
6. Cottage cheese
It is a brilliant source of protein for those who are vegetarian. Cottage cheese contains fewer amounts of fatty acids so it also helps you to lower the blood pressure. It helps in preventing certain cancers, such as prostate cancer. Cottage cheese can also be consumed in order to motivate weight loss. A higher intake of cottage cheese helped overweight and obese premenopausal women.
Lentils are low in calories, but an excellent source of protein. Eating lentils can decrease numerous heart infections. Lentils constitute more than 25% of the protein. Lentils are a rich source of fibre, which regulates proper bowel movements and the development of healthy gut bacteria. It also contains a broad range of beneficial plant compounds called photochemical.
It contain plenty of unsaturated fats, fibers and protein. Almonds are enriched with lot of goodness and provide many health benefits such as lowering the blood sugar levels, reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels too.
Eating almonds can also curb hunger and encourage weight loss. They are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats and antioxidants. A handful of almonds only provide 161 calories and 2.5 grams of digestible enzymes. Almonds bind certain minerals in the body and prevent them from being absorbed.
It is rich in important nutrients. It is high in protein. Yogurt contains some of almost every nutrient that your body needs. Some varieties may provide benefits to digestive health. It strengthens your immune system. protects your bones from osteoporosis. Yoghurt is beneficial for heart health. It promotes weight management hence, motivates weight loss.
10. Kidney beans
Kidney beans have high protein content. Dietary fibres present in kidney beans lowers cholesterol levels in the blood. 100 grams of kidney beans has approx 9 grams of protein. It also reduces the danger of developing diabetes. Kidney beans contribute greatly to healthy cognitive functions. Kidney beans are very important in conducting metabolism.
Other benefits of kidney beans
- It keeps the body free from harmful free radicals.
- It helps in detoxifying the body.
- Kidney beans help to reduce hypertension.
- The large amount of dietary fibre in kidney beans keeps one full for longer.
- The insoluble dietary fibres help in relieving constipation.
- Antioxidant properties found in kidney beans help to strengthen the body’s immune system.
- Regular consumption of kidney beans helps to reduce wrinkles, heal acne and nourish hair and nails.
- Kidney beans make the bones stronger and help in the prevention of osteoporosis.
Hope you like this article. If you know about more such natural source of protein then please write me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me. Don’t forget to check my Instagram page @beautifulyoutips for more beauty tips and more.