Fats are organic molecules made up of Carbon and Hydrogen. The molecules of Carbon and Hydrogen can make bond in different ways that is why there are many types of fats. Here is the list of 8 high fats food also know here the types of fat, good fats and bed fats.
Recommended to read
- 15 FOODS TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST NATURALLY
- WHAT IS PEGAN DIET? HOW IT WORKS AND ITS BENEFITS?
- BOOST YOUR METABOLISM: STAY HEALTHY AND FIT
- INTERMITTENT FASTING, HOW TO DO AND ITS BENEFITS
- YOGA FOR IMMUNITY: 8 YOGA ASANA’S TO BOOST YOUR BODY IMMUNITY
What are the Types of Fat?
On the basis of their chemical bonding fats are categorized among three major groups
- Unsaturated Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
What is Unsaturated Fat?
Unsaturated fat is very healthy and beneficial for us. It keeps our heart healthy and also works helps in breaking down the complex structure of bad cholesterol in our body. Unsaturated Fat is of two types.
- Polyunsaturated Fats or Omega-3 fats – it is found in fish and soybean oil.
- Monounsaturated Fats – It is found in olive oil, canola oil, Cashew and almonds.
What is Saturated Fat?
It is mostly found in animal meat or fat which is derived from animals but some plants also produce saturated fat such as cow meat and palm oil. Other substances in which this fat is found are coconut, potato etc. This type of fat should be eaten as least as possible. Eating more saturated fat can cause heart disease. It also increases the level of cholesterol in our blood.
What is Trans Fat?
Trans fats are processed unsaturated fats which after processing become saturated fats. Eating them in excess will increases the amount of bad cholesterol in our body and reduces the amount of good cholesterol, due to which we may develop the risk of heart diseases. It is very important that we should consume less trans fat in our daily diet so that we can stay healthy.
Benefits of fat
Fat is one of the major nutrients necessary for our body, the remaining other being Protein, Carbohydrates, Vitamins and Minerals. Beside other nutrients fat is also very important for proper growth and functioning of our body.
- Fat is very necessary for proper functioning of our body.
- Like Protein, Iron, Vitamins and Minerals, fat is also one of the essential nutrients.
- Presence of good fat or healthy fat ideally, helps in absorption of Vitamins.
- It also promotes energy level of our body.
- It helps to protect your heart and brain health.
- Weight watchers should specifically include good fat in their diet as it promotes weight loss.
- In addition, it is also good for cholesterol and high blood pressure patients as good fat helps in regulating it.
- The brain tissues are made up of 70% fat molecules. If we regularly consume a low fat diet then our brain starts showing its lacking.
- For the well development of our mind, we must eat the required amount of fat.
- Fat is necessary for the function of white blood cells which protects our body from diseases. If fatty acids get reduced from white blood cells, then their ability to protect our body from diseases will also be reduced.
- The outer layer of the lungs is made up of saturated fat cells. Those who are lacking in saturated fat often face problems in the lungs.
Side effects of Fat
There is no doubt that fat has many benefits, and we should consume it regularly also but eating it in excess causes lots of health disorders
- Eating more fatty food can lead us to weight gain. Fat molecule is complex and it takes time in breakdown and it is very difficult to do that much workout in order to burn fat and keep ourselves healthy.
- Once you achieve weight due to excess fat you may face sleeplessness or sleeping disorders. Often problems may vary person to person such as early sleeplessness, poor sleeping or extra sleeping etc.
- Saturated fatty foods, if we take in high amounts than it can cause heart disease. What happens is that overeating of Saturated Fat increases the amount of cholesterol in our blood and that is why we can get prone to heart disorders.
8 High Fats Food that are rich source of healthy fat
Whenever we talk about healthy fat, we directly mean mono unsaturated and poly unsaturated fat, which works to reduce the risk of cholesterol and heart related diseases. It also provides nutrients to help the body’s cells growth and maintenance. In this article we will tell you about those foods which are a source of healthy fat and are beneficial for you.
If you like avocado very much then it is good news for you because it is full of good fat or healthy fat. About 77 percent of fat is found in raw avocados. It is rich in calories, and high amounts of good fat are not found in it. They are also a good source of fiber, lutein and potassium. Apart from this, it is also rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. Being a natural antioxidant it is considered to create the protective shield over the skin, as it helps the skin cells to rejuvenate and regrowth.
2. Fatty fish One of the best High Fats Food
Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, and trout, sardines, and fish oils are ideal animal based sources of good fat. They are rich in heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and many other important nutrients. Hence, consuming these fatty fish also reduces the risk of heart attack.
3. Full Fat Dairy Products
Often whenever we are on dieting, we first start taking low fat dairy products. Whereas, the actual fact is that the full fat dairy products are enriched with healthy fat and also provide essential nutritional elements like Vitamin A and D. Also, you will get probiotic bacteria by consuming full fat yogurt, which is beneficial for your stomach health too.
Eggs are healthy despite being high in cholesterol and fat. Research has proved that it does not have an effect on cholesterol in the blood of most people. It contains plenty of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and protein, which you should include in your diet to lose weight. It keeps the brain and heart system healthy.
5. Nuts with highest fat
Nuts contain omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats too. Walnuts avoid the risk of blood clot by lowering cholesterol, while the presence of vitamin E in almonds and lutein in pistachios is good for eye health.
Tofu is a good source of healthy fat, protein and fiber. It is one of my favourite High Fats Food. Along with this, your daily calcium requirement is also fulfilled. So do not forget to include tofu in your diet.
7. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds being a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids in, it controls your blood pressure while reducing the amount LDL levels from the blood.
8. Olive oil
You must have heard how healthy olive oil is, especially extra virgin oil. Olive oil is a part of the daily diet of people who take good care of their health. So instead of using any refined oil, you should use olive oil for your food preparation. Apart from olive oil, some more oils are there which are the rich source of healthy fatty acids such as canola oil, groundnut oil, soya bean oil, sun flower oil and sesame oil.
Hope you like this article. If you know more about High Fats Food or unhealthy fat then please write me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me. Don’t forget to check my Instagram Page @beautifulyoutips for more beauty tips and more.