No doubt that doing yoga is an effective option for our mental and physical development. Along with other great health benefits, we can also use yoga for immunity. When we do yoga daily it reduces the stress hormone, improves lungs health, opens respiratory tracts, flushes toxins out of the body and improves blood circulation inside the body. All these contribute a lot in boosting our immune system. Therefore, by adopting yoga you can effectively balance both mind and body and strengthen your immune system too.
- BOOST YOUR METABOLISM: STAY HEALTHY AND FIT
- WHAT IS PEGAN DIET? HOW IT WORKS AND ITS BENEFITS?
- INTERMITTENT FASTING, HOW TO DO AND ITS BENEFITS
- EXERCISE COMBO TO REDUCE STUBBORN BELLY FAT AT HOME
- TIPS TO TRANSFER YOUR SELF FROM FAT TO FIT
What Is Immunity Or Immune System?
Immune system or immunity is a network of protective cells or fighter cells, which protect the body from germs, viruses and microorganisms, pathogens and antigens etc. Stronger immune system is very important for the proper functioning of the body. It provides the strength to your body to fight against different diseases and infections.
Yoga For Immunity
Many times it happens that our immune system becomes weak due to long illness, unhealthy food, wrong lifestyle and stress level is the main reason. So just check here 8 best yoga poses you can to boost your immunity power and overcome ill-health conditions.
1. Vriksh Aasana Or Tree Pose Best Yoga for Immunity
Vriksh aasana got its name from its unique posture which looks like a tree. It shows the stability and balance of the tree. Vriksh aasana is one of the important postures from the series of Hatha Yoga,
This aasana is practiced in the morning in an empty stomach. If you are unable to do this asana in the morning for some reason, you can also do it before eating at night.
Other Benefits Of Vriksh Aasanas
- This posture strengthens the spinal cord.
- It creates good connection between nerves and muscles.
- It maintains the balance of mind and body.
- This yoga enhances the stamina and empowers the mental focus.
- It also helps to relieve the nerve cells and nervous system.
2. Padangusth Aasana Or Big Toe Pose
Padangusth aasana is also an important posture in yoga aasanas. It helps to stretch every muscle of the body. This posture stretches the muscles behind the legs, muscles of the spine and neck too.
Doing this aasana in an empty stomach in the morning gives maximum benefit. If you cannot do it in the morning, then you can do it 2 or 3 hours earlier before eating food at night.
Other Benefits Of Padangusth Aasanas
- Doing this posture keeps the mind calm and quite.
- Makes digestive system function well.
- The effect of blood in the liver and kidney is right.
- The problem of lack of sleep can also be overcome.
- Relieve from prolonged stress and anxiety.
3. Trikon Aasana Or Triangle Pose
Trigon aasana got its name due to its triangle like shape. This posture boosts the immune system. Trikon aasana style of yoga is a posture, in which taking deep breath for 5 to 10 minutes will benefit overall body development. It is one of the best rugs to boost the immune system.
Trikon aasana is the simple yoga of configuration style. Trikon aasana should be practiced in the morning on an empty stomach. But if you cannot do Trikon aasana in the morning for any reason, then you can practice this asana even after at least 2-3 hours after eating.
Other Benefits of Trikon Asanas
- Improves blood circulation in the body.
- Helps to improve digestive system.
- Reduces blood pressure in the body.
- Helps in dealing with high stress and depression.
- Improves the ability to concentrate.
- It helps in maintaining the balance of the body.
- It also helps to make the mind calm.
4. Utkat Aasana Or Chair Pose
Utkat aasana is also called Kursi posture. In this posture one has to bend himself like a chair. Initially it is very difficult to do this asana, but with practice it can be done, this posture can be done for 30 to 60. It should be done at least 5 to 6 times for a second.
Performing this aasana in the beginning is quite difficult but after a continuous practice it can be done. You only need to sit just like a chair, without taking support of any object.
Other Benefits of Utkat Asanas
- Gives good massage to the internal organs of the stomach.
- Helps in balancing the energy of the body.
- Beneficial for heart
- Helps keep the entire body active.
- Improves strength, energy and balance in the body.
- Stimulates the function of heart.
- Soothes the internal organs of the stomach.
- Activates the entire body simultaneously.
5. Bhujang Aasana Or Cobra Pose
Bhujang aasana is also known as Sarpan posture, because in this posture, the head of the yogi’s head is like a raised head of a snake. Bhujang aasana is also a part of Surya Namaskar posture. You can practice this aasana for 15 to 30 seconds.
Other Benefits Of Bhujang Asanas
- Performing this aasana will improve blood circulation.
- It opens up blockages of the heart and lung veins and arteries.
- It is helpful in relieving the stress and anxiety.
- This yoga also increases the flexibility of the spine
- It also increases the energy level from the inner core of the body.
- The digestive system stimulates with Bhujangasana.
- Increases blood circulation in the body.
- Blockages of the heart and lungs are opened.
- Helps to get rid of stress.
- Increases flexibility in the spine.
- It uplifts the mood.
6. Standing forward bend or Uttan Aasana
To do the elevation, stand up straight, after which breathe in the upper part of the waist and try to touch the toes. Stay in this posture for some time and then return to normal posture while exhaling. While doing this asana, make sure that your knees are not bent.
Other Benefits Of Doing Uttan Aasana
- This yoga calms the mental disturbances occurs in the brain and helps in relieving stress and depression.
- It helps in better functioning of liver and kidneys.
- It creates stretching at the essential points in the hamstrings, calves, and hips muscle.
- Performing this yoga strengthens thighs and knees.
- It helps in reducing effect of the symptoms occur due to menopause.
7. Sukh Aasana or Easy Yoga pose
Practicing Sukh aasana gives you physical and mental peace. This aasana is done before beginning yoga so that the breathing process can be controlled.
To do this asana, spread the mat on the ground and sit on the floor. Close your eyes and place your palms on your knees and take a deep breath.
Other Benefits Of Doing Sukh Aasana
- Due to performing this yoga the bone of the reed is stretched which helps the reed bone to lengthen.
- It also enhances the width of the chest bones.
- It provides peace to the mind.
8. Tadd Aasana Or Mountain Pose
To do this aasana, keep your feet together and stand up straight. Now raise your hands straight upwards and close your eyes taking a deep breath. After staying in this state for some time, slowly exhale and return to the previous position.
Other Benefits Of Doing Tadd Aasana
- Diseases associated with anxiety, stress and mental fatigue can be effectively overcome by performing this aasana.
- This asana proves more beneficial for those who want to increase their bodily height.
- It also improves the body posture.
- By doing this yoga you can easily keeps your spine problems away.
Hope you like this article on “Yoga for Immunity”. If you know about more aasanas which can improve the immune system then please write me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me. Don’t forget to check my Instagram page @beautifulyoutips for more beauty and health tips.