The word Bhujang asana is derived from the Sanskrit language. Bhujang means snake and asana means posture so Bhujang asana is also called serpent posture or pose like a snake. Bhujang asana looks like a snake with a raised head. It is also called Cobra Pose in English terminology. Out of all the asanas, Bhujang asana is one of the famous asanas due to its medical benefits for our body. In Surya Namaskar, Bhujang asana comes at the seventh order. Bhujang asana proves to be very beneficial so by performing this posture on an everyday basis we can strengthen our shoulders, hands, elbows, back, kidneys, and liver, and also get rid of many diseases. So just read till the end to know all Bhujangasana Benefits for your health.
1. Bhujangasana Benefits For Increasing The Body Flexibility
Bhujang asana makes the muscles of the chest and waist flexible and removes the tension created in the waist area. Those people who are suffering from the problems related to spinal cord and back get relief from their medical issue by continuous practice of Bhujang asana every day. Performing Bhujang asana strengthens the backbone. People who perform Bhujang asana have a very strong backbone and are also gets more flexible than earlier. Apart from this, it helps to strengthen the chest, shoulders, arms and abdominal muscles.
2. For Regulating The menstrual Cycle
In women, Bhujang asana helps to control the blood flow from the uterus. Regular practice of Bhujang asanas helps women to get relief from problems related to the menstrual cycle. It also heals some of the reproductive disorders up to some extent. Performing Bhujang asana regularly will eliminate the problem of irregularities in the menstrual cycle.
3. Bhujangasana Benefits For Constipation
The person who performs Bhujang asana has very good digestion and does not have any problem with constipation and acidity. Constipation can be permanently cured by performing Bhujang asanas. Practising Bhujang asana on a regular basis will improve the body metabolism thus, helps in proper digestion of food which in turns cure the problem of constipation. It can also heal other gastric problems.
4. Yoga for Stronger Digestion and weight loss
Those who are in the regular habit of doing Bhujang asana does not face any problem related to stomach, intestines and bowel movement. Bhujang asana enhances the functioning of the stomach hence discard out all the waste material from the body. The digestive system becomes strong thus helping in the metabolism of food which in turn burns out the excess fat deposited in the belly area. People who use to sit and work whole day get excess fat deposition around the abdomen and waist. If those people do Bhujang asanas every day, then fat can be reduced rapidly.
5. Bhujangasana Benefits For Relieving from Throat Infections
Bhujang asana can provide healing from the infection of the throat which occurs due to common cold or allergies. Bhujang asana improves breathing pattern by clearing the passage of windpipe and lungs which sometimes get blocked due to congestion. Apart from this, it is also very helpful in protecting us from some deadly diseases such as asthma.
6. Benefits Of Bhujang asana In Regulating The Proper Function Of Internal Organs
Whether anybody is suffering from the infection related to kidney or stomach or lungs or any other internal body part, this simple posture is the solution to all problems. By performing Bhujang asana, the kidneys and liver remain healthy and function well. And if a person is suffering from any disease of kidney, liver or abdomen, then by performing Bhujang asana, the impact of those diseases can be decreased. By doing Bhujang asana, the internal organs of our body remain constricted due to which the flow and supply of fresh blood remain there, it enhances the function and health of all the organs.
7. Improves Immune System and relieve stress
Bhujang asana is also responsible for improving the immune system of the body. Our body is constructed by the combination of three important elements body, mind and soul. Out of these three elements our body is the most necessary and basic element. Any type of disturbance in the function of the body directly affects the mind and soul. Degeneration and fatigue in the mind are the causes of occurring of different disease in the body. Bhujang asana keeps the body and its internal and external part in an accurate condition and also gives strength to the muscles. Bhujang asana also relieves stress and improves immunity.
8. Improves Blood Circulation inside the body
Bhujang asana can improve the blood flow in the body in the correct way. Bhujang asana helps to make our heart healthy by ensuring the proper and regular supply of blood also makes it work more efficiently by increasing the flow of blood supply to other parts of the body and within the veins and arteries. It also helps to keep our body oxygen-rich by providing oxygenated blood.
9. Heals The back pain
Bhujang asana is very helpful in relieving back pain. It makes the bones of the spine flexible and relieves back pain. It removes blood impurities from the back and tones the nerves. This asana helps to create harmony between the brain and other parts of the body, thereby maintaining good health. All you need to do is to include Bhujang asana in your regular routine so that you are full of strength and flexibility. Regularly performing Bhujang asana strengthen the body and muscles. It also improves the posture of the body. It also relieves muscular and physical pain.
How to do Bhujang asana
- To do Bhujang asana posture, first, choose clean and airy place.
- After that, lie down flat and straight by keeping your stomach touching to the mat surface.
- Then straighten and spread your whole body well.
- Fix your chin to the ground surface.
- Keeping both elbows adjacent to the ribs on both sides, place the palms of both hands on the ground.
- Now attach your head to the ground.
- Close both of your eyes and fill your lungs with fresh oxygen by breathing in.
- Now slowly and gradually raise the chin and lift your neck up towards the sky.
- Then raise your chest upward slowly and lift your stomach area.
- Now pull your body forward, while moving the neck upward and bend your back inwards.
- To raise high, apply force on the body.
- Put less force on your hands.
- While applying the force on forelimbs keep both the legs touched to the ground level and try to elevate the anterior part of the body as much as possible.
- After coming in the posture of Bhujang asana, open both your eyes and keep breathing at normal speed (breathe in and breathe out at normal speed).
- Maintain this posture from twenty seconds to thirty seconds.
- Then bring your body back to the starting position.
- Bhujang asana can suddenly eradicate the body fatigue beside other health benefits.
Hope you like this article. If you know more Bhujangasana Benefits please write to me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me. Don’t forget to check my YouTube channel “Beautiful You” for more beauty tips and more.