In order to have a stronger body and mind, we need a stronger core. It is actually not all about six abs, it is more than this. It improves your body posture, gives you a flat toned stomach, stabilizes your lower back, improves body flexibility, improves body balance and coordination and also strengthens your brain. Stronger core provides the ability to perform physical activities without getting tired or even without any rest. So check here the Best Yoga Asana’ s for Core strength.
- WEIGHT LOSS: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO LOSE WEIGHT NATURALLY
- BEST YOGA ASANAS TO IMPROVE MEMORY AND CONCENTRATION
- LOSE WEIGHT FAST: DAILY 15 MINUTES WORKOUT PLAN
- BEST WAYS TO LOSE THIGH FAT AT HOME: GET SLIMMER TONED THIGHS
- BEST CARDIO EXERCISE TO LOSE BELLY FAT AT HOME
Yoga Asana’ s for Core strength
These 5 yoga asanas are easy to do at home exercises for a stronger core. Along with stronger core, It also helps you to have a flat toned belly
1. Boat Pose (Naukasana)
Boat pose intensely affects the muscles of abdomen, spine, and hip flexors. It helps in building core strength and stability at the body’s core. It stimulates the abdominal organs, including the kidneys and intestines by creating strain over the stomach region. Boat pose also helps to strengthen the muscles of the waist and abdomen, besides strengthening hands and feet and gives correct
How to do boat pose
- Lie down straight on your back, join both the feet and keep hands close to the body.
- Take a long deep breath and while inhaling, pull the hands towards the feet and raise your legs and head.
- Keep your eyes, hands fingers and toes in a straight line.
- Feel the pull in the umbilical cord due to contraction of the abdominal muscles.
- Keep breathing deeply and maintain the posture for 30 seconds.
- Exhale and slowly come back towards the ground and relax.
Other benefits of boat pose
- This pose efficiently regulates thyroid and prostate glands.
- It helps to maintain metabolism and relieve stress.
- Also improves digestion.
- Performing boat pose on regular basis will increase your ability to stay focused internally and emotionally calm.
- It is a healing pose for hernia patients.
2. Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
Chair pose can effectively strengthen our core, lower back, muscles of thighs, heels, legs and knees. It is an excellent pose to strengthen the back muscles and makes the shoulder more flexible. It can develop the overall stamina and strength of the whole body.
How to do chair pose?
- Stand straight with a little gap between both the legs.
- Spread the arms towards the front direction.
- Gently bend the pelvis down as if you are sitting on an imaginary chair.
- Remain in this position for 30 seconds.
- Make sure that your hands should stay parallel to the ground.
- After 30 seconds stand back straight.
Other benefits of chair pose
- The stress develops on the spine lifts the diaphragm high.
- Chair pose is good for heart also.
- It develops the balance in the body and mind.
3. Dolphin Plank Pose (Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Dolphin Plank pose build strength according to the resistance of your body’s weight, which helps to enlarge bone mass. This pose strengthens the arms, legs, and core muscles, including the abdomen, chest, and lower back. It also strengthens the spine, which helps to improve posture. I say it is the best yoga for core strength.
How to do Dolphin plank pose?
- Sit in a dog posture and move forward.
- Gently bring the forearms down to touch the ground through palms.
- If possible, then keep the palms facing to each other.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds and then come back to the former position.
Other benefits of Dolphin plank pose
- Dolphin Plank stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves muscles and feet.
- This pose is very effective to relieve headache, fatigue and pain.
- It helps in enhancing the digestion.
- It is also helpful for women to reduce menstrual pain.
4. Garland Pose (Malasana )
Garland pose helps to strengthen the abdominal veins if practised every day, the muscles of the waist, knee and spinal cord become flexible and strong. Sitting in this posture greatly benefits the stomach and waist and provide strength to them. This one of my favourite to do yoga to have a stronger core
How to do garland pose?
- First, bend both the knees and sit in a bowel movement.
- Place both the arms on either of the knees.
- Make the greeting posture with your hands.
- Now breathe slowly, stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Gradually increase the time to do this pose.
Other benefits of garland pose
- By doing this regularly, problems like constipation, gas, acidity will be cured.
- It heals stomach disorders.
- Garland pose eradicates the pain of the knees, joints, back and abdomen.
- It also reduces abdominal fat.
- Garland pose is the best pose to tone up your thigh muscles and belly.
- It also helps to make your bums look good.
5. Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
Locust pose helps to strengthen the muscles of the spine, buttocks, and backs of the arms and legs. This asana also increases the strength and flexibility of the back. It relaxes and strengthens the nerves of the neck and shoulders too. This aasana is also good for strengthening hands, shoulders and overall abdominal organs.
How to do locust pose?
- While breathing in, raise your right leg.
- Stay in this position for few seconds.
- Now exhale and keep your right leg down.
- Repeat the same process with your left leg. Take 2-3 deep breaths.
- Make a fist of both hands and keep it under your thigh.
- While breathing in and keeping both knees straight, raise both legs as high as you can with some speed.
- Stay like this for few more seconds.
- Exhale and bring both your legs down, remove both the hands from the bottom and relax.
- Repeat the whole process again now bring both hands down on the second step.
Other benefits of locust pose
- Locust pose stretches the shoulders, chest, belly, and thighs.
- This asana improves body posture.
- It stimulates abdominal organs.
- It also helps to relieve stress.
Why is core strength important?
Stronger core improves balance, flexibly and coordination of your body. It improves your overall body posture and gives you a shaped attractive figure.
What are the best core exercises for beginners?
- Leg raising
What Happens When core muscles are weak?
Due to weak core muscles, you may have lower back pain, spoiled body posture and lowers stamina.
Hope you like this article for Best Yoga Asana’ s for Core strength. If you know about more such yoga asanas which can help you to develop the core strength then please write to me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me. Don’t forget to check my Instagram page @beautifulyoufit for more beauty tips and more.