During summer season one of the most attractive fruit in the market is yellow colored Mangoes which have high fibers and low calories. It a rich source of vitamins A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, iron, and a little calcium. Mango is a juicy, delicious and refreshing fruit, has great nutritional values. It also has a lot of benefits for your health and skin. So let’s know here the health benefits of mangoes along with skin benefits. Read more 2 Homemade Fruit Massage Cream For a Naturally Glowing Skin
Health Benefits of Mangoes
Mangoes are first produced in India 5000 yrs ago. Since then it is one of the most Delicious and healthy fruit around the world. Health benefits of mangoes are huge for all of us. It will keep you fit and healthy if you eat a mango daily. Here are some of the proven benefits of mangoes. Read also Benefits of Drinking Honey Water Empty Stomach
1. Mangoes For Digestion
The enzymes present in the mangoes helps the body to break down the proteins. Mangoes are the rich source of the fiber which is good for digestion and may prevent several stomach related diseases. It has been seen that there are fewer symptoms of constipation on those people who eat Mangoes on a regular basis. Eating Mangoes on a regular basis may improve digestion and gastric secretions. Instead of ripe mangoes, green mangoes have more pectin fiber.
2. Mangoes For Weight loss
The summer is one the best season to lose excessive weight and Mango, the king of the fruits, helps to do so. A single Mango has the capacity to provide almost a day’s supply of vitamin C to the body. It has been proven that mango and its phytochemicals actually put down the fat cells and related genes of the fats. In fact, the peel of mangoes creates obstructions for the formation of fatty tissues as an antioxidant Resveratrol. Read also Daily Routine to Lose Weight Permanently in One Week
3. Mangoes For Eye Health
Mangoes have lots of beta- carotene which produces Vitamin A in it. It has been noticed that 25 percent of the daily recommended value of vitamin A can be found in a cup of Mango. It helps the body to do its important functions, such as the vision of eyes. Also, being a rich source of antioxidants, it improves vision, boosts overall eye health and prevents age-related muscular degeneration. Read also How to Make Your eyes look Bigger and Beautiful
4. Mangoes to Boost Immunity and other related benefits
The choice of Mangoes is very good for consumption of calories due to the high content of Fiber, Vitamins and Calcium in it. Vitamin A, Minerals and Magnesium in mangoes, helps the body to boost its immunity and makes the immune system healthier (prevents from flu, cold and control mood swings). Whereas calcium and vitamin B, makes bones and teeth stronger and last longer. Read also Ginger Tea Benefits: Why Should You Drink It Daily?
5. Mangoes For Diabetes
A debate always occurs when a diabetic person is suggested to eat Mangoes due to its excessive sugar and calories content which mostly hides the nutritional values of this fruit. A diabetic person can eat Mangoes but in moderation. A person having high sugar level can eat a mango daily but before evening so that they can easily consume it and enjoy the health benefits of it.
Benefits of Mango for skin
Along with health there are a number of skin benefits it has, some of those benefits I’m going to discuss below. With topical application of mangoes you can get a healthy and glowing skin naturally. So let’s know how to use mango to get maximum benefits for your skin. Read also Benefits of Coconut Water: Get Healthy and Flawless Skin
- Enhances the skin texture
- Remove suntan
- Give back the elasticity of the skin
- Soothe clogged pores
- Helps to decrease pigmentation
- Flourish fairness
- Balance the probity of skin layers
Mangoes face packs
Some of the homemade remedies or packs made with mangoes, are here to resolve different skin problems just have a look,
1. Mango Face Packs For oily skin
A person having oily skin, has to face acne and pimples on their skin which reduce their beauties day by day. Those people can try this mango pack by following some simple steps
- Take a pan and add a few pieces of mangoes in it
- Add a cup of water and boil
- Once it’s done, cool the solution
- Store the solution in a jar
- Apply this pack daily at night time and wash before sleeping
2. Mango and Oatmeal Face Pack to Exfoliate the dead skin
There are different ways to exfoliate your skin. Mangoes have a lot of nutritional values which is good for skin and when it combines with oatmeal, it helps to remove dead skin cells as it works natural scrubber now.
- Take the pulp of ripe mango
- add milk into it and blend it well
- Add oatmeal powder into the mixture and mix it gently
- Apply this pack on your face or any part of body
- Leave it to dry
- wash it off after 15 minutes
- clean your face with cold water, follow this pack twice a week for best results
3. Mango face pack for even tone skin
You need honey, lemon and mango pulp to make this face pack. Honey is a natural skin cleanser which lightens skin too. Lemon has Vitamin C which promotes skin health. Mango has antioxidant property which helps the skin to reduce excessive oil. Having all these three ingredients together can give you even and flawless skin.
- Take a pulp of a half cup of fresh mango blended with one tablespoon of lemon and 1 tsp of honey
- clean your face with water before applying this pack
- apply it on your face or neck
- wait for 20 min and wash it off with water and pat dry
- Use it 3 time in a week
4. Mango and Multani Mitti face pack for glowing skin
If you want a glowing and soft skin then you need to hydrate your skin so that your skin is well moisturized. Fuller’s Earth ( Multani Mitti ) has a Property of hydrating skin from deep, While mangoes have beta-carotene and Vitamin A. Hence this face pack can make skin refresh and glowing naturally.
- Blend the pulp of ripe mango
- Add 2 tsp of Curd and 2 tsp Fuller’s Earth ( Multani Mitti )
- Mix it well.
- Add water into this mixture to get the desired consistency. (as per required)
- Then Apply a thin layer of it on your clean face
- Wait for 20 minutes, Once it dries out wash it off
- Follow this method thrice a week to get glowing skin
5. Mango and avocado face pack for wrinkles and aging
Mangoes are a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Beta-Carotene, which helps the generation of new skin cells. Avocado has antioxidants which helps the skin to hydrate from deep and prevents fine lines and wrinkles.
- Take a tablespoon of mango pulp in a bowl and a tablespoon of an avocado pulp into it and mix these together
- Add coconut oil into this mixture
- Mix this solution gently
- Apply this pack in a circular motion on your clean face avoiding eye area
- wait for 20 minutes until it dries, washes your face with cold water ( Cold water also gives you soothing effect on your face)
- Apply this face pack twice a week to get rid of the fine lines and skin aging symptoms
Hope you like the benefits of mango for health and skin. If you know more remedies or face packs made with mangoes, please share them with me. I will add your suggestion and ideas in this post. Also check my YouTube channel “Beautiful You” For more useful remedies and beauty tips.