A proper hair care routine is an important way to achieve healthy and smooth hair. The healthy and shiny appearance of hair is due to the naturally secreted oil from sebaceous glands. Exposure of hair to various heating tools can make your hair dull and lifeless. We all think that having a hair spa can only help us to get smooth, soft and shiny hair. At home, there are home remedies too which help to achieve smooth hair Naturally.
Here are 11 home remedies to get smooth and soft hair
1. Banana and yoghurt for smooth hair
Bananas and yoghurt are the popular ingredients which make hair soft and smooth. They help to make hair shiny. Yoghurt is rich in lactic acid which helps to maintain healthy scalp health.
How to prepare Banana and yoghurt
- Take one or two ripe bananas according to your hair length.
- Mash them well enough.
- Comb your hair in order to make them tangle-free.
- Now add yoghurt about 2 to 4 tablespoons to the banana mixture.
- Whisk well and apply to all hair sections. Keep it good for half an hour and wash off with regular shampoo.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Green tea for smooth hair
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid in it which helps to maintain the shine of hair. It helps to remove hair dryness too. It helps to clear all the problems on scalps such as dandruff and infections. Green tea makes hair strong and healthy.
How to prepare Apple Cider Vinegar and Green tea water for smooth hair
- Take 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves and boil with a glass of water.
- Boil till green tea leaves its colour.
- Then strain the leaves and remove water in a bowl.
- Now add one-third cup of apple cider vinegar in order to dilute it.
- After shampooing your hair, pour the water of green tea and apple cider vinegar on your hair.
- No need to rinse off.
3. Fullers Earth and Buttermilk for smooth hair
This clay has many benefits for skin and hair. Fuller’s earth helps to absorb oil from the scalp. This helps in conditioning your hair naturally. The combination of Fuller’s earth and buttermilk works excellently for making hair smooth, soft and silky.
How to prepare Fullers Earth and Buttermilk for Smooth hair
- Take 4 to 5 tablespoons of Fuller’s earth according to the hair length.
- Now add in buttermilk until the fuller’s earth is soaked up completely.
- Prepare a smooth paste out of it.
- Divide hair into sections and comb to make them tangle-free.
- Apply this paste on all hair and keep it good for 25 minutes.
- Wash off with normal plain water.
4. Aloe vera gel and Honey for smooth hair
Aloe vera gel has hair-strengthening ingredients in it. The active ingredients in it will control hair greasiness and also promotes hair growth. It acts as a natural hair conditioner that helps to remove fizziness and hair dryness. Aloe vera gel and honey make hair lustrous, shiny and soft.
How to prepare Aloe vera gel and honey for smooth hair
- Take fresh aloe vera gel according to hair length.
- Blend out smoothly in a blender.
- Then add honey to the aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Divide your hair into sections and apply this mixture from roots to lengths.
- Keep it good for 20 minutes and wash off with plain water.
5. Egg white and milk for smooth hair
Egg whites are made of proteins. It helps to lock hair damage and even to reverse hair loss. The proteins in egg whites contain keratin which helps in the naturally softening hair. Milk contains potassium, biotin and vitamins which make hair shinier and super softer. It makes hair shafts smoother being rich In proteins.
How to prepare Eggs and milk for smooth hair
- Take 2 egg whites in a bowl.
- Whisk them well until smooth.
- Now add warm milk to the egg whites mixture.
- After hair detangling, apply this mixture from the scalp to the roots.
- Massage it good for 5 minutes until the mixture is completely absorbed.
- Wash off after 25 to 30 minutes with plain water.
6. Coconut milk and Lemon for smooth hair
Coconut milk is rich in lauric acid which is its main ingredient. It’s rich in proteins and high in vitamins too. Coconut milk helps to restore the natural shine and softness of hair. Lemon juice adds shine and makes hair naturally straight.
How to prepare coconut milk and lemon for smooth hair
- Extract fresh coconut milk by blending out coconut into a blender.
- Now strain it enough with a muslin cloth. Remove it to a bowl.
- Now squeeze the juice of a lemon into the coconut milk.
- After hair detangling apply this mixture from the scalp to the ends.
- Use a cotton ball for easy application.
- Keep it good for 20 minutes and wash off with normal plain water.
7. Castor oil and Coconut oil for smooth hair
Castor and coconut oil help in natural hair softening. They moisturise the scalp and help to prevent the appearance of dandruff and flakes. Castor oil enables hair softening making hair frizz-free. It’s high in oleic and linolenic acid which helps in protecting hair against any sort of issues.
How to apply Castor oil and coconut for smooth hair
- Take 2 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl.
- Then add in 3 to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix both oils well and microwave them for 10 seconds.
- Then apply this to different hair roots from the scalp to lengths.
- Keep it for the overnight period and then wash off with normal shampoo.
- Hair achieves natural shine and softness.
8. Strawberry and honey for smooth hair
Strawberries are rich in hair-friendly ingredients which help in hair moisturization. Strawberry and honey work wonders for hair and helps to lock the moisture within hair strands. This makes hair, smoother, softer and frizz-free.
How to prepare strawberry and honey for smooth hair
- Take half a bowl of strawberries in a blender then add some water to it.
- Blend well into a puree until there are no lumps in it.
- Then add a tablespoon of honey to the strawberry mixture.
- Mix well and apply well on detangled hair.
- Massage for 2 minutes and keep it good for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with normal plain water.
9. Shea butter and milk for smooth hair
Shea butter is an excellent moisturiser for the scalp and skin. It keeps hair moisturised which helps to increase hair softness. Together shea butter and milk seal in hydration making smooth all rough cuticles. The hair looks super shiny and softer after application.
How to prepare Shea butter and milk for smooth hair
- Raw organic shea butter works best for hair.
- Take some shea butter in a bowl then add some milk to it.
- Mix thoroughly and keep aside.
- Divide hair into sections after detangling them
- Apply this mixture to the hair, focusing mainly on hair lengths.
- Keep it good for 20 minutes and then wash off with regular shampoo.
10. Avocado and olive oil for smooth hair
Avocado is a great source of biotin which helps to add life to dry and damaged hair. Avocado and olive oil work wonders for hair making hair shinier and softer. Olive oil acts as a natural hair conditioner. It boosts scalp health making hair more manageable.
How to prepare Avocado and olive oil for smooth hair
- Take one or two ripe avocados according to hair lengths.
- Mash them well until it lumps free.
- Then add 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil to the avocado mixture.
- Make hair tangle free by combing them.
- Then apply this mixture from the scalp to lengths.
- Keep it good for 20 to 30 minutes and wash off with the shampoo of your choice.
11. Argan oil and Rosemary oil for smooth hair
Argan oil helps to protect hair from day-to-day damage. It acts as a natural leave-in conditioner for hair making hair tangle free. It promotes thicker, fuller and shinier hair. Rose Mary essential oil moisturises hair scalp and adds shine and softness to hair.
How to prepare Argan oil and Rosemary oil for smooth hair
- Take 4 to 5 tablespoons of argan oil in a bowl.
- Then add in few drops of Rose Mary essential oil to the argan oil mixture.
- Microwave it good for 10 to 20 seconds.
- It can be applied from scalp to length.
- Overnight keeping works best for hair.
- Shampoo with your favourite cleanser of your choice the next morning.
Which is the best hair oil for softer hair?
There are many oils, but specific ones are good for keeping hair softer and shinier. Coconut oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, olive oil, and castor oil. They not only keep hair softer but maintain scalp health too.
How to make hair silky permanent at home?
- Always brush your hair when they are dry enough.
- To absorb water, always use a cotton t-shirt.
- Avoid hot water for washing your hair.
- Use hair masks that are rich in proteins.
- Hair softening creams also helps.
For more beauty tips for hair and skin do check our Youtube Channel Beautiful You